CHAPTER I - GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1. Name and Headquarters
1. The name of the organization is - International Federation Beach Tennis (IFBT).
2. IFBT is a not for profit association, composed of autonomous and independent national federations and other national organizations contributing to the beach tennis Sport.
3. The association is constituted according to Italian Law as founded in Ravenna –Italy March 1997 and is formed for an unlimited period of time. The headquarters shall be located both in the country of the President and in the country of the Secretary.
Article 2. Objectives
The objectives of IFBT are:
IFBT is an independent Association of members represented by its President and Board of Directors:
1. to promote the Beach Tennis Sport, at all levels, as a means to contribute to the positive development of society.
2. to assist its Members in strengthening their position as national leaders.
3. to organize international championships, tournaments, contests between countries and large sporting events (world championships, continental championships, world cups, continental cups and open international tournaments ).
4. to collaborate with organizations having as their objective the promotion of beach tennis, on a world-wide basis.
5. to collect, collate and circulate information to and among its Members.
Article 3. Non-discrimination, representation of women
1. IFBT and its Member reject all forms and means of discrimination against individuals, groups of people, organizations or countries of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion or politics.
2. SPORT IS DISCRETE OF POLITIC.
3. IFBT supports a fair representation of women in beach tennis activities and in the management of the sport.
Article 4. Official Language
1. The official language of the IFBT is English.
2. The representatives of the Federations or Associations members of IFBT can use their own language during meetings, provided they have an English interpreter.
CHAPTER II - MEMBERSHIP
Article 5. Procedures of affiliation
1. Membership shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors .
Article 6. Members' Obligations
All Members have the obligation:
1. To comply unreservedly with the Statutes Regulations, directives and decisions of IFBT.
2. To have their executive bodies and disciplinary bodies elected by their respective General Assembly.
3. To notify IFBT, in writing, of any modification in their constitution/statutes, regulations and directives or of the inclusion of any new discipline to their National program.
Article 7. Resignation
1. A Member may resign at any time
2. Such resignation shall take effect immediately upon receipt of a notice or resignation signed by the authorized person.
CHAPTER III - GENERAL ASSEMBLY , BOARD OF DIRECTORS, PRESIDENT
Article 8. Definition
1. The General Assembly is the meeting attended by all the Delegates of the Members of IFBT. It is the supreme and legislative body of IFBT.
Article 9. Powers of the General Assembly
1. The General Assembly:
a. Elects the President who will be in charge for 5 years.
b. Elects the Vice Presidents.
c. Elects the Board of Directors.
d. Elects the Arbitration Committee.
Article 10. Elections
1. Elections are held on the basis of the simple majority.
2. Elections of the President and of the Board of Directors are held on the basis of the absolute majority (50%+1) of the votes validly cast.
Article 11. Meetings
1. The President presides over every meeting of the General Assembly and of the Board of Directors. If the President is absent he will nominate a Vice President to take his role in the meeting.
Article 12. Powers of the President
1. Represents IFBT.
2. The President of IFBT shall chair the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
3. He will represent IFBT for all purposes.
4. The President may delegate certain of his powers to one of the Board Members at his own discretion. In absence of the President, IFBT may be represented by his Vice President, or by the General Secretary, nominated by the President.
5. The President may choose his staff to help and assist him.
CHAPTER IV. FINANCES
Article 13. Finances administration.
1. All finances are administrated by the Board of Directors.
Article 14. Funding and Revenues.
1.IFBT is funded by:
a. Income from sports events.
c. Public Subsidies.
d. Donations, inheritance, presents.
CHAPTER V. FINAL PROVISIONS
Article 15. Insurance – Members and Athletes
1. All members are responsible for and required to obtain insurance for their associations and athletes including coverage for sports accidents in national and international competitions.
2. IFBT will not take responsibility for any Member liability.
Article 16. Modification of the Statutes
These Statutes may only be modified in spirit and meaning, by the General Assembly.
Article 17. Recognized Jurisdiction
1. IFBT recognizes as the principal authority in all disputes and matters of arbitration (relating to Sport), as the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) jurisdiction and accept the Code of Sports-related Arbitration as defined.
2. All other matters of dispute shall be handled in accordance with the law and in the jurisdiction of the country where the IFBT Headquarters are located.
IFBT- INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION BEACH TENNIS
VIA AMALASUNTA 35, RAVENNA 48100 - ITALY
WEB SITE: WWW.BEACHTENNIS.COM